- 17 days
- Become a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI)
- Also become an Emergency First Response Instructor (EFRi)
- PADI Instructor Crewpack available for 18,000 THB
- Small groups & top quality instruction
- Primo facilities; Modern classrooms, custom built training pools & 2 great dive boats
- Option to continue with 1 month MSDT internship
INTRO: PADI IDC ON KOH TAO
There are few careers more rewarding than teaching scuba diving in a tropical environment such as Koh Tao. Hot sunny weather, great visibility and marine life, introducing people to the amazing underwater world and training them to become safe, competent divers. Or even shaping the dive professionals of tomorrow…
With Simple Life’s PADI Instructor training this can become your reality.
At our base on Sairee Beach, Koh Tao, Thailand we run monthly PADI instructor development courses (PADI IDCs), giving you all the training and knowledge you need to sail through the PADI Instructor Examination. Plus we offer a number of continuing education programs to train you beyond PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor, gaining specialty ratings to qualify as a Master Scuba Diver Trainer, or even IDC Staff Instructor.
To become a PADI Instructor, first you’ll need to make your PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC). This two week course is where you learn how to teach scuba diving. After that you’ll be examined by PADI’s external examiners to make sure you meet the required standard, in the 3 day PADI Instructor Examination.
Simple Life conducts monthly Koh Tao PADI IDC’s here on Koh Tao, guiding you through every step, ensuring you’re well prepared to sail through the PADI Instructor Examination. Training will allow you to become a competent PADI Instructor, putting you in a great position for gaining employment once you qualify.
Let’s take a look at the steps and what’s involved:
STEP 1: PADI INSTRUCTOR DEVELOPMENT COURSE
At Simple Life Divers, our PADI Instructor Development Course is a 2 week program which teaches you how to teach scuba diving. Our main focus is on three areas;
- Teaching scuba diving theory
- Teaching scuba diving skills in confined water
- Conducting classes in open water
This will be backed up with sessions concentrating on the standards which we need to work to as PADI Instructors.
At the end of the two week program, we’ll have you performing to exacting standards, ready to enter PADI’s three day external examination, after which you’ll be certified as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor and Emergency First Response Instructor.
PADI IDC & IE PRICING
Here’s a breakdown of the costs involved in taking your PADI instructor training here on Koh Tao, Thailand. There are three expenses involved training to PADI Instructor – courses, fees and materials:
IDC Fee: £1053
PADI Instructor Development Course, including Emergency First Response Instructor (EFRI) and lunches [14 days]: £1053
PADI Instructor Fees: £780 (approx)
There are a number of application and examination fees which must be paid direct to PADI (e.g. PADI IE Fee, PADI OWSI application fee, EFRI application fee).
All-in these currently amount to 30,000 THB, which is about £780 depending on exchange rates
PADI IDC Materials: £474
For your own set of PADI Instructor Manuals & Materials you can purchase our IDC Crew pack for £474.
Specifically that will include:
- PADI Guide to Teaching
- Exam Booklets [Open Water, Rescue Diver, Divemaster]
- PADI’s The Law of Diving Book
- Teaching & Lesson Preparation Slates [Confined and Open Water teaching slates and cue cards,
- Advanced Cue Cards, Rescue Diver Cue Cards, Divemaster and Discover Scuba Cue Cards]
- Specialty Courses DVD
- Hologram Decal
- Instructor Candidate Information
PADI INSTRUCTOR DEVELOPMENT COURSE (IDC) - Thailand, Simple Life Divers
Upon purchase, you will be sent an electronic certificate which is to be presented to our collaborating Dive Center (Simple Life Divers).
Our Simple Life Divers representative will then provide you with your PADI Pack and help you arrange your dive schedue & accomodation needs.
Prior to presenting your Certificate, please ensure that you:
- Print your name on the Certificate in the space provided
- Write down your order on the bottom of the Certificate in the space provided
However, should you wish to have your PADI Pack sent to a different e-mail address:
- Please specify your preferred e-mail address in, 'Add a note' on the Checkout pag